Saturday, October 25, 2014

Texas Visit

 One of our first stops was the new McKinney Trader Joe's.  The mural in the back is the Arts Center (formerly county seat) where Anna takes dance lessons.  It was great seeing everyone and how the kids have grown up.  Sam is very curious (about Grandpa's walker) and beginning to talk.  Eli has lost so many teeth, I teased him Sam had more.



 Eli was eager to show me his Lego creations including a swim pool with water slide above.  We also played Scrabble with little help from Grandma.  Grand-daddy came over for dinner---the weather was beautiful so we ate outside a lot.



 The Warren School of Awesome had a substitute teacher this week (me) a few times.  The school is going great---the Dining Room never looked better.  I love the National Geographic map on the wall.


No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.