Monday, November 24, 2014

Disney Fantasy---behind the scenes


 No behind the scene tours, but we did see (notice) some things on this ship we'd not noticed or seen before.

I wondered how so few life boats could hold so many passengers.  One was open for me to peer into---the seating would be tight, but I'm sure there would be room for all of us.

 
 The restrooms were wonderful---from the art deco black and white whimsey with hidden Mickeys to the elegant restrooms in the adult area of the ship---this is all mosaic with doors which were circular.
 After seeing one show from the handicapped area (obscured), we asked to be seated in the main area which was more complicated than we had suspected.  Dave was taken down one elevator, pushed by Tyler (seen above) across a storage area and then up on another elevator to the main seating area.


We also decided to take a class in folding towels into animals---it was more difficult than we had imagined.  I am holding a dog and Dave an elephant.
 The glassed in areas above are the bottoms of hot tubs----at night they glowed with moving legs---which we could see from our balcony.
But, as with most cruises, the best part are the hundreds of staff who make a cruise wonderful---the individuals who helped Dave in the restrooms, the wait staff like Tino---not tomention the hundreds who do laundry, paint the ship and provide security.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.