Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Cards

 Several times a year, I try to make cards for the grandchildren.  First, I love them and miss them. Second, they all live out of town.  Third, I have all of these supplies sitting around.  Fourth, have you priced cards lately? Fifth, I like to make everyone feel better about their crafting abilities.  Sixth, I want to leave a legacy of love.  With grandchildren ranging from 14 to 1, I include money which they all will like better than the store-bought card.
 Since 2 are still little, I didn't want theirs to be so scary.  But the olders all had a warning on the front.  I thought and though, "What could be scary to them?"  I remembered the year I put my photo in Easter eggs and that gave me an idea!
 Photos of their parents/grandparents with sill costumes.  I found a stash of photos that were duplicates and away I went.


I hope they enjoyed them.  Here are all of them since not every family can see what another family's looks like.  Here are some of the cards over the past 6 years.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.