Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hawaii Day 6 Maui

November 5, 2007 Kahului, Maui 

We had breakfast at the Cadillac Cafe because it was where we had to go to be served breakfast rather than the buffet which was a problem for me having to juggle 2 plates with no trays.  We weren't the only ones---most mornings we met other Elder Hostlers.  That morning we had a lecture by  Keoki Sousi on "A Changing Maui"  Then we took a bus (after lunch) to Iao Valley to the State park and to Kepaniwai Heritage Gardens with Keoki Sousi.


 The Heritage Gardens featured Japanese Tea House, New England Salt Box, Hawaiian Hale, Chinese Moon Gate and Portuguese outdoor oven all representing the cultures represented on Maui.


The ship stayed in Maui over night allowing those who wished to eat dinner ashore.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.