Saturday, May 21, 2016

Kansas City Weekend

 I remember Brett's first day of Kindergarten at St. Elizabeth's---is it possible he is graduating and on his way to high school?  Rachel and Kyle had a pre-graduation party for grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  Then, we all went to St. Elizabeth's for graduation!





 Last week, Brett had received one of the special Sports awards.
"RUSSELL HYNES AWARD. The winner of this athletic scholarship is:
An 8th grade boy who is an athlete who plays above his ability.
A player who never quits.
A player who brings the best out of his teammates.
A competitive player.
A person who out-hustles others.
The spirited, motivated player who always gives 110%.
A coach's dream because of his desire to excel."
From Rachel:  brett's volleyball season ended last night & those words above rang true for him out on that court every single game. really for him with every sport he's ever played. he gets to keep the trophy for a year, will get his name engraved for 2016 & will present it to the recipient in 2017. so proud of you brett patrick twenter!!!
 Saturday morning, Rachel and I headed to Arrowhead stadium where Libby and Kyle were participating in Girls on the Run, a 5K race.



 Those are a lot of activities for 24 hours!  Thanks for such a great weekend!


No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.