Tuesday, December 13, 2011

St. Mark's House Tour

 This was the third year for our St. Mark's House Tour.  This time all of the homes were west of Clarkson Rd.
 First, many of us stopped by church for a brunch.


But then, we hopped in our cars and headed for the homes.  It was fun to see the homes of many of our church members and friends.
 This house had beautifully Up-cycled crafts like the coverlet and pillows above made from antique handkerchiefs.


 The placemat and matching napkin were heirlooms---I loved how she paired the antique napkin with the red one matching the tablecloth.
 Peggy finished this Santa quilt just three days before the tour!
I wish that my daughters had been with me---I know they would have loved the soft colors of this bedroom.
 There were so many details that I loved about this house----I know my girls would like the chalkboard.
 Here, the table cloth was put across the table with the excess folded into a runner.

 And, this was in the entry way,
With a Santa collection in the family room.  The hostess made the velvet wreath and the large felt Santa.  If you think there weren't any Christmas trees or creches. . .think again.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.