Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hawaii Day 9, 10 Kaua'i

November 8, 2007

We attended lectures in the morning on Hawaiian plant and animals. After lunch we had "free time"  Dave and I attended a lecture on Matson ships and the history of cruise ships.

November 9, 2007

We went to Waimea Canyon the "Grand Canyon" of Hawaii.  We also learned more about native plants and animals.

This island also has a lot of "old" Hawaii---fishing villages.  It is a beautiful island which is probably why it is often the setting for movies.  Click here.  I think it would be fun to take one of the movie tours!
Elderhostel group at Waimea Canyon



Our leader Art with a Nene


No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.