Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Days!

Some years, St. Louis gets very little snow, but not this year.
Although it is still snowing, we have 6 inches, but part of the St. Louis area has over a foot!
Another unusual factor is this is our second snow in a week and a half. Last week's storm hadn't even melted yet.
Last week, we had 4 inches which is usually a pretty big amount for us.
Leah, Eli and Anna came over so we could watch Anna while Leah and Eli played in the snow.
Thanks to Facebook, I got a recipe for snow ice cream that did NOT include raw eggs like my recipe of long ago.
4 cups of snow, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
We decided to make Grandpa's favorite "moose tracks".
We added peanut butter by the "glop" and chocolate chips.


Anna, Eli and Grandpa loved it.

Kim, my cousin of Facebook, made mint chip with mint flavoring instead of vanilla! That sounds great for today!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

i think the PB glops & chocolate chips is maybe taking the "ice cream" thing a little too far! :) i think espresso or mocha would be good, though!!!!! might try it tomorrow ...

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.