Sunday, August 24, 2014

Long Family Weekend

 My brother and his wife came to town.  Going to a Cardinal baseball game seemed a great way to get the cousins all together.  We met up at Ballpark Village in the Buffet area.



 But, soon we were in our Redbird Club seats to root, root, root for the Cardinals.



 The next day we went to Jefferson Barracks Cemetery where we saw 9 deer and 1 wild turkey.


 Dad is on the other side of the stone.  Jim bought a "Happy Birthday" cross to honor both parents with their July and August birthdays.
 The stones in the distance are where my husband's father is buried.
We concluded the weekend with visiting Aunt Mary who is doing great in her new retirement home!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.