Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Disney Fantasy Day 1

 This Disney cruise was with the Lewis's out of Port Canaveral (no Galveston as the others were), so we were in a different terminal with a beautiful model of the ship and and entrance through "Mickey ears".

 This was the Halloween cruise and we immediately saw decorations Disney style.

 We had a handicapped room so only had one bathroom, but it was very nice and large enough for a wheel chair which we have had to store behind the curtains in other rooms.








Departing Port Canaveral we saw a tribute to its Space Center roots.


 Taking a cruise at the end of October often creates baseball magic.  We have had several cruises with the Cardinals in the World Series.  This year we celebrated the Royals!


 This was the World Series viewing group in O'Gill's Pub---we met there most evenings!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.