Monday, June 22, 2015

Nassau

 After a day at sea, our first port was Nassau where we docked along side Disney Dream.  Sitting on our balcony, we saw Elsa and Anna scurry by!  We docked at 1:00 PM.




 We got off the ship for a glass bottom boat excursion billed as "handicap accessible".  OK, they had a place for wheel chairs, but Dave couldn't go down the very steep steps (AKA broad ladders) to view underseas.  Oh well, we got off the boat and tried the excursion.  We did get a boat ride out to the viewing site although Dave's view was a little obstructed.














 It still was better than back home:  big storm in Northeast with 58 million in the path of nor'easter. 7000 flights cancelled.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.