Sunday, June 16, 2019

Fading


Fading…

Fading…
Like jeans becoming softer, paler, less rigid with age.

Fading…
Like the sky at sunset  with that brief burst of color before darkness.

Fading…
Like the peppermint taste lingering after the candy is gone.

Fading…
Like the scent of cinnamon rolls as I scurry by the bakery.

Fading. . . 
Like a fire’s blazing fury becoming the soft warm glow of embers.

Fading…
Like the words in a book swimming across a page without my glasses.

Fading…
Like the sound of laughter; when the words aren’t clear but the joy is still heard.
              .
Fading…
Like technicolor memories of loved ones turning into fuzzy, black and white snapshots.

Fading…
Like the dance steps in Zumba becoming the slow rhythmic steps of a “Senior” class.

Fading…
Like a movie changing scenes from a dance party to the ocean in moonlight.

Fading…
Like a plane taking off with passengers ready for adventure.

Fading into a new adventure: soft, sweet, warm, joyful, but a slower rhythm.


Jaclyn Morgan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hadn't thought of life in terms of fading. But know as life seems to slip away long ago memories rush in.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.