Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Moments of Joy



Watching the children next door
     chasing their new puppy around the yard every day.

Memes on facebook:
     “ . . .here I am laying on the couch, being a hero”.

A wave from the Rich and Charlie's delivery man
      as I pick up dinner on the door step.

Leisurely reading a library book
        with no due date in sight.

Unexpected notes and gifts in the mail—
      loved ones thinking of us.

Saying “YES” to a chocolate chip cookie
       on my Panera delivery order.
A snake, guitar strumming, snapchat faces: 
      Zooming with teen-age grandchildren.

Video collage of of church members
      waving anything green on Palm Sunday Processional.

Calling the shut-ins and hearing Martin’s excitement
     that his grandson would play football with Tampa Bay.

Rachel’s banner  on the front page of the newspaper.
      “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise”.

Seeing old, familiar faces
      in my Face Time exercise class.

 One banana and a 2 lb can of Van Camps Pork and Beans
     on my grocery delivery.

In this Time of Pandemic.

Releasing anxiety, tension:

Moments of Joy.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.