Monday, May 4, 2020

Landscaping changes

 Our project was 4-fold:  the back patio, the stone wall in the front, the stone wall in the back and the foundation plantings in the front.  The upkeep on the brick patio was just too intensive and it turns out, we needed to re-grade the entire area.  Also a large percentage of the bricks were broken or damaged, so re-laying them would have been pointless.



First, the bricks were removed (many going to a friend's house to outline a new garden), the area was raised, regraded and laid with new stone steps and pavers with a ramp from the sunroom.





 After several weeks, it was all done and I'm very happy with it all.










No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.