Monday, December 13, 2010

St. Mark House Tour

Our church St. Mark Presbyterian had its second annual Holiday House Tour last week. We get to visit member's homes, be inspired by the decorations and contribute to Beyond Housing a local organization committed to support and services to lower income helping them with housing among other service.
This year, most of the homes were in my neighborhood (I could ride my bike to them).
But, it was also an opportunity to see "old friends" (Carol above is from 3rd grade).
And, new friends Carol above worships with us on Saturday PM---she is shown with a Christmas tree collection of the home-owner's daughter in a sun room.
I knew Jerie's house would have trains because she and her husband have a toy store.
I loved their beach-themed Christmas tree, too.
Although Richard and Julie's house was lovely, we probably won't have an Airstream on the Holiday Tour again.
Since, Richard and Julie spend several months each year in their Airstream, I was delighted to see it open for tour!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

CUTE! especially the air stream! :)

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.