Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, the past few years has been in Kansas City with the Lewis Family as hosts. Above are Jason and Todd frying two turkeys---looks very methodical!
But, of course, what's a male-bonding cook out without a little beer?
Eli, Louie and Roman enjoying some of their own male-bonding with Chex Mix.
Meanwhile, the ladies were. . . .bonding and fixing goodies inside.
We did manage a little play time---some with Thomas and some with iPads!

At last the food was ready and we could feast. Gregg, Todd's dad was our special guest.
After dinner, the kids decorated some cookies to look like turkeys.

M---m, that looks good Davis!

Anna had a little dessert with her mom Leah and Aunt Reebs.
That evening, we played a little game of chance. . .my brother was the big winner. Nothing says, "Thanks" like a pot full of money. But, the best was everyone working together to create wonderful memories.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.