Saturday, December 4, 2010

After T-day

While some went to Kansas City's Union Station to see the train exhibit (click here for our 2008 visit), several of us stayed to get a Taco Bar ready at Twenter's Casa.

Kyle's parents came to join us for lunch. Pat apparently didn't get the memo that I take photos while people eat. My daughters, on the other hand. . . .
After lunch some of the kids played outside.
Some took naps and some played Wii.
Brett achieved Pro Bowling status bowling 296. His Uncle Jason said he can't touch him.
After some naps, we celebrated Anna's birthday a little early with cupcakes, pumpkin gooey butter, chocolate croissant bread pudding. . . .
Cherry pie and TCBY brought by the Elder Twenters.
Afterwards, the birthday girl took a bath while
Others went through toy catalogs. . .


Cutting and pasting what they want for Christmas.

Then, Anna opened up some birthday gifts. . . .
Watching Anna's excitement with her baby made us all giggle. . . but when she started saying "Baby" in her special baby voice. . . .priceless.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.