Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kansas City Before Thanksgiving

Shortly after arriving in Kansas City, we picked the kids up from school. Libby came out in JUST tights, t-shirt, boots and jacket. Her teacher explained, "She didn't have an accident or anything, she got hot and took her dress off."
We later talked her into putting the dress back on so we could go out to eat. I asked Davis, "When you saw Libby at the morning assembly, did she have her dress on?" Davis: "No, and I was pretty surprised."
We went out to Waldo Pizza for dinner where we tried the "Pat and Connie Special". Brett was the star having participated in limbo at the school assembly and being the opening speaker at mass the next day.
St. Elizabeth's was beautifully decorated for Thanksgiving. Brett's opening speech had a lot of "th" sounds which he has been working on. He did a great job. . .Davis said, "I thought at the end he was going to say, 'I said my "th"!'" But, Brett did a fine job and didn't stray from his script.
Doesn't he look handsome and poised!
Miss Libby colored a page for me and wrote (with help): "Grandma, I love you. She is my friend."
Davis was busy crossing off the days until Dad gets home. . .
And, helping me get ready for Thanksgiving by crumbling the cornbread, putting all of the ingredients in, stirring, adding herbs. And, Uncle Jim gave the stuffing high praise the next day!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

awesome! great stories & photos to capture those 2 days!!!! :)

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.