Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

 Although we were at my sister's for Thanksgiving, it looked more like Christmas which Eli and Anna LOVED.
 Jane had three trees decorated, revolving with ornaments in motion.
 She also had one with beautiful glass ornaments in her room.
 She had her wagon decorated---"The Candy Cane Express".
 The kids really enjoyed watching the train,
the dancing animals,

 Riding the horses, but occasionally there was trouble in Christmas Paradise.
 Jane's little train was easily de-railed and not so easily put back on.
Sometimes it was just better to sit quietly with Uncle Richard and watch the train go by.  Thanks for hosting our Thanksgiving, Jane and Richard, even if it looked a lot like Christmas.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.