Friday, May 21, 2010

Dance Recitals

For almost 20 years, our daughters took dance at Krupinski's Academy of Dance. I kind of miss the dance recitals and am hoping that some day I can watch my granddaughters strut their stuff. The photo above is of Rebecca at a dance rehearsal probably 1979. I think the song was, "Let me twirl my baton for you; it is bright and shiny new. . ."
This photo probably in the mid 1980's is one of my favorites because Rebecca (above on the right) looks so excited and confident that she is gorgeous!
Rachel, above is obviously doing, "Sunny Days, sweeping the clouds away. . ." and this is 1982.
This costume and dance number above was one of my all-time favorites. I think it was called, "Rio". I can still picture the dance step with them swiveling on their front heel. Rachel almost missed it, if I'm not mistaken---she was getting over chickenpox.
1984 Winter Recital was held in the new big studio. I'm so happy Leah had bows on each side of her head---sure helps identify her in the photos.
I conclude with this photo of Leah in 1989. . .not sure of the dance number---I've already given the girls the dance programs. . .but, she looks a little nervous doesn't she? I welcome comments and clarifications from any who attended these recitals---including my daughters. . . watch what you say, girls, I have MUCH worse photos I could have put up.

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a delight to see these. I am fairly sure you are correct on the baton song. I do remember Rebecca sing this phrase.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.