Thursday, May 27, 2010

Street Action

For years, I've complained about my yard washing out creating a hazard for people getting out of their cars.
At one time, this gully was 13 inches deep---my brother bought several bags of rock which we poured in the space because I was afraid that someone would break a leg getting out of their car---especially if it snowed and they couldn't see that it was not solid ground.
The city put orange cones out at one time and put dirt in another time, but neither was really a solution. The curb was crumbling as was the pavement under the black top.
So, yesterday, we had a sign put in our yard not to park on the street today. . .



So, at 6:30 AM we could hear the roar of the trucks. Soon, the fun began. . .I was torn between wishing my grandchildren were here, and thankful they weren't here. Instead I'm doing a blog so they can see the excitement. (Photos are in case the video doesn't work---this is my first time doing video)


Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Watch out YouTube!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.