Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Grand Cayman Excursions on Disney Magic


 In Grand Cayman, we parted ways with the Warrens.  We went on a bus and boat tour which included visiting Hell (a rock formation), the beach and seeing the mangroves on an ecology tour.
Iguana (about 3 feet long) not native to Grand Cayman





 We learned about these cute little jelly fish, how mangrove trees develop (pods drop in the water and take root) and saw some iguanas which were not native but blew in with a hurricane.
The Warrens visited a sea turtle farm, where they petted them, swam with them and Eli even learned to snorkel with "Nemo"---not the character, but tropical fish.








We all had a great time on our excursions! The next day, the Warrens got off in Costa Maya and took a taxi to a beach to swim and play in the sand.

1 comment:

jacobthomas said...

Wow, wonderful! It seems you have enjoyed your trip nicely, the other day we friends were discussing about the world’s most amazing places for holidays and most of them majorly were in favor of Cayman Islands, and Grand Cayman was their preferred one . I hope we can have nice time there, do u have any suggestion about any cayman online guide or some sort of stuff which tells more about this island.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.