Saturday, December 1, 2012

Pirates in the Caribbean

 Pirate's night was so much fun on the cruise.  Thankfully we cruised right after Halloween, so Leah could pick up a few items at a discount (like Anna's dress and Eli's sword).

I loved how Eli really got into character for Pirate's night. There was a special menu for dinner that night too. I especially liked the cornbread and black-eyed pea relish.   Earlier in the day they had pirate crafts and activities.




Leah bought the telescopes on the ship---correctly thinking they would entertain the kids at dinner.  Before dessert, there was a pirate parade and limbo.  In addition to rotating dining rooms, there always seemed to be an activity, characters, movies to entertain the children in the dining rooms.


Sadly, Anna and Eli were worn out from the activities and never had a chance to experience much of the night life.
 The Pirate Deck Party was particularly fun.  I sneaked up just to see it for future reference.  First, on the upper deck, was a show on the stage which was broadcast on the big movie screen.  Then, Mickey made his appearance high on the smoke stack---he then "flew" to the stage over the deck.

 That signaled the fireworks show.  Disney is the only cruise ship that has fireworks.  But, they aren't allowed to have them in Alaska and the Baltic due to local restrictions.
 Afterwards was a Pirate buffet.
 There was Mexican food, but some delicious desserts which I took downstairs to Dave.

 .
 All in all, Pirate Night was a wonderful experience that we won't soon forget!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.