Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas

 Christmas  this year was a little like a revolving door.  First, the Lewis family came in on Christmas night.  Then, Dec. 26, the Warrens arrived.
 We had a traditional meal that evening followed by a dance review!
 I decided not to put ornaments on the tree because I wasn't sure it would work in this new location.  I figured if anyone noticed, I'd haul out the box and we could decorate it. . .no one noticed.
 Don't they look sweet---this was after many attempts 

 This is the modern day equivalent of Uncle J reading "The Night Before Christmas"---I think it was watching him play Angry Birds Holiday Edition.


 Anna got another princess dress, Roman, Skylanders' play pieces and Eli received Spiderman paraphernalia (He must have been hanging from the ceiling since I didn't get a photo). Below new decals for the Warren's car.



 We also gave out books that had belonged to Dave's parents:  Todd is reading one given to Grover from Eloise on their engagement.  Twenters got one of Eloise's Lindbergh books.  Lewises got Anecdotal Lincoln which had belonged to one of Eloise's aunts.
We had a great time---Roman even got to show his good culinary tangerine arranging skills!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.