Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Brother!

 While visiting my brother this past summer, I took a box of his things which Mom had put aside for him.  Since he usually flies back and forth, he had left them at my house.  But, before I left the box, I decided to copy some of the photos.  First are school photos in no particular order.

 I believe the sweatshirt above was a SEMO sweatshirt I had given him.


 Yes, those are paper cups on his wrist. Part of the cowboy look!  Below is Tammy our family dachshund/fox terrier mix.
 Above was an old Polaroid so the quality is deteriorating.  Jim is pictured with our mother and Pat Meyer, a family friend.  The photo below is on his way to a birthday party.
 The photo above is with our aunt Rose, cousins Cheryl and Judy.  Below are Ron, Jim, Dad, Steve and Eddie---cousin and uncles at Mom and Dad's house.  I believe Aunt Norma had bought them all cowboy hats!
Happy Birthday, brother!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.