Sunday, June 15, 2014

Still Cleaning Out

Sometimes, I think I will never be "cleaned out"---I keep discovering stuff I no longer need---recipes, for example.  I have 4 drawers full of recipes I've cut out, copied and saved over the years---recipes I never use because a) I can't find the one I want b) it is easier to look on line.

I am not throwing them ALL out, but I am throwing out the ones I have saved for 30-40 years and never used.  A friend was telling me yesterday that her goal is to fix one thing she's pinned on pinterest each week this summer.

Meanwhile, I am finding lots of great recipes I'd forgotten all about.  These are all from my dear sister-in-law, Donna.






No, I can't get rid of these recipes---they pull me closer to those who shared them with me.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.