Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all!

New Baby and Sam
 A few times a year, I try to make and send cards to our grandchildren who all live out of town. What I lack in creativity and craftmenship, I make up for with $$$.  For Fall, I sent out these cards---one for the baby who hasn't been born yet!  Sam's above reminds me of a T-shirt my husband once had:  Fall 2001.  While I'm sure Autumn is what was intended, it was also the year he fell. :-/
 These jokes were from the internet---not original at all.
 Getting a little nostaligic on these two.  The four above are for Eli, Davis, Roman and Brett.
 And something for the girls---Libby and Anna!  Whew! That's a lot of mail.  So, why do I make cards if I'm not very good?  First, it is a gift of love (I clearly don't enjoy making them like friends of mine).  Second, I'm cheap (I have the craft supplies and store bought cards are around $4 each).  Third, I don't want to just stick $ in an envelope. Fourth, I want the kids to have random notes from Grandma to remind them how much I love them even if I don't see them very often.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.