Sunday, May 7, 2023

Walk around McCrite

 

Several have asked about the path outside our apartment at McCrite.  Yes, it is a walking path and the trees are in a park, but mostly the path just circles the complex. Our apartment is in that L shape area in the shade facing SE. And while high up above the river, there are condos and a Marriott higher across the high way.


The above photo shows the back side of the complex (south)---the higher apartments on this side also have an amazing view---woods AND downtown Kansas City in the distance.   I'd hoped that a walking path went on the other side of the parking lot but no. . . .that is still the park.  The park and railroad tracks are all that is between us and the Missouri River which I estimate to be about 1/4 mile away.

This direction (west side) has mostly other apartments to look at.  Some still under construction.  The covered area is to load and unload in inclement weather.


On the north side---the left is the building where Dave was in skilled nursing.  We live in the Independent Living section which is on the right.  Below is the building we live in (it faces the north)
continuing the walk around the building, this is again looking SE.  After turning that bend, we get to the view from our patio again.




No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.