Friday, April 8, 2011

Warrens, and Provosts and Bears, Oh My!

Once upon a time there were two cousins:  Leah and Doug.  They were three years apart in age.
A few years later, two young ladies became friends while in college.  They would have never guessed, then, that someday they would be cousins when Christi married Doug, Leah's cousin.
 They were pretty excited when they were both expecting little girls within two months of each other.
 So, when Christi comes to town to visit her family, we get to see her and Ashleigh, too.  Ashleigh (above) is playing with her big cousin Eli.
 Grandma Susie and I got to visit, too.  I wish Grandma Jane (my sister) could have been there.
But, Jane will be happy to know that Ashleigh and Anna got along much better than our daughters did at that age. . .

Or, so I thought until I started looking for photo of Aunt Becky and Aunt Lynn fighting. . .

This is one time when my memory must not have been very accurate.  I thought they fought all of the time with Doug and Rachel getting along so well.

But, my photos of Rebecca and Lynn make them so sweet, while this photo of Doug and Rachel. . .

So, now I have to change my tune. . . Jane, Ashleigh and Anna got along great. . .like Rebecca and Lynn!

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

CUTE! those precious girls are growing up FAST!

Jane said...

I think Anna wants Ashleigh's bunny slippers. She is really eyeing them.

Loved the pics of Becky and Rachel. You managed to capture one of first of Lynn's many black eyes.

Beck and Lynn had a love/hate relationship. The loved seeing each other, but both being big sisters they liked being bossy.

Rachel and Doug were so laid back nothing ever bothered him. The photo you captured with Doug's mouth open. He kissed that way when he was little. But it does look like he was getting ready to bite her.

Wonderful, great, memories.

Wish I was there too.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.