Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter


All dressed up for 8:30 church at St. Mark.  But, we had one thing we needed to do. . . .
Because it was a rainy day, the kids left a trail of carrots for the Easter Bunny from the front door to the basement where empty Easter eggs were left at the bottom of the stairs.
When everyone came home from church the kids' baskets were on the front porch.
Roman and Davis (above) and Libby and Brett (below) explore their baskets.

While most were at church, Aunt Debbie and I fixed breakfast and performed other duties like letting the Easter Bunny in the front door.
 The kids had left a note for the Easter Bunny to tell him to hide the eggs in the basement.  Davis added a sweet note "But Libby is scared."  The Easter Bunny wished them luck on the egg hunt and apologized for scaring Libby.




 The hunt was on.  In addition to having the hunt in the house, the eggs were color coded so the hunt was a little more fair.

 After the kids opened all of their eggs with Crazy Bands, candy, Legos and quarters, it was time for the Adult Hunt.
Our eggs were hidden upstairs and contained candy, coffee and lottery tickets.  Rebecca was the big winner with a ticket worth over $20!

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Sorry to have missed it... glad the Easter Bunny was so compliant and organized this year!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.