Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cleaning Out

 We are trying to clean out some boxes and files---today's job was stuff which Grover left us.  Articles about Sportsmen's park (printed in 1990)
 Various cards featuring dogs looking like our Griffin (from us)
 Valentines from us and a card from Lucy Morgan with a clipping on a Tennis Tournament in Lowell Morgan's memory in Jacksonville, FL.
 There are also many photos out his patio door in various seasons.
 And photos of "his pets" (Christmas gifts?)
 Newpaper clippings about the criminal trial of various bosses of his at Transit Casualty.
 A few California mementos
 And some Xerox copies of my husband and his patent.

 These will all be going to that big Recycle Bin Feb. 3 unless someone rescues them.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

I'd be interested in some of the horse racing momentos I think! :) We just watched Secretariat! Oh & the little white bear w/ the red heart in the photo (on the couch) he bought from me at one of our garage sales. :) I think he was just being nice!

Leah Warren said...

I love all of his photographs!!! I wonder what he would think of smartphones/facebook/blogs/ etc : ) I would love his sportsman park newspaper clippings...

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.