Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas With Friends, Part I

 Celebrating Christmas is always a mix of celebrations with family and friends.  My Judith Circle at church shared a pot luck meal at Lynn's house before Christmas.  It was the largest gathering we had had this year with work schedules, family commitments, classes, and health preventing many from attending our earlier meetings.
 So, it was really great to see so many of the women in our circle.

 It was a true pot luck with no assignments---just bring whatever and it worked out great!
Lynn had done the same with her dining room as I have done---put it in the former Living Room!
Her dining room is even larger than mine, though, because it includes a fireplace with a Dickens' Village and train set that dwarfed my sister's layout.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.