Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brett

 Happy Birthday Brett---we went out to a local pub for dinner.
 Libby is decorating a placemat and obviously shocked Grandma knows how to take photos with her phone (left my camera at home)
 After returning home, Brett opened his gifts from the Warrens and

 From us.
 
 Then, he was sent on a "treasure hunt" to find the rest of his presents.

 Like a new whoopie cushion

 And a rocket!

 We lit the cookie cake, sang happy birthday and
 (rooted for the Cardinals)
And then. . . .I think Brett is starting to look like me don't you?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.