Thursday, February 7, 2013

Roatan

 One of the things I love most about a cruise is entering and leaving a port---judging from the spectators above, I am not the only one who enjoys this.  Our first port was Roatan, Honduras.  We didn't schedule any excursions because we had had a private tour there a few years ago.  Click here to see our visit two years ago.



 This is a different pier than 2 years' ago.  The cruise ships often have their own docks and shopping villages.  So, that was a Royal Caribbean village and this is a Princess/Carnival village.  I also enjoy just sitting on the balcony in port watching everyone walk by and other ships docking.


 But, we decided to come ashore to at least explore the shopping village.  As I turned around to photograph the ship. . .
 I noticed dark clouds gathering, so we high-tailed it back to the ship, found a table in the International Cafe where we stayed dry, had a cup of coffee and a treat or two


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my beautiful Island roatan honduras.roatan excursions

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.