Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow and Skiing

I used to love snow---we often played outside with the kids, we skied---cross country and down hill. Looking through some of our old photos, I was reminded of how much I used to love it.  I learned to ski when I lived in Germany. (Click here)

Seeing the snow the East Coast got, last week reminded me of our Pittsburgh snow of 1978--with the toddler (Rachel) in front of the door.  Then, I found this photo of Leah riding her big wheel in the snow.  


Many of our snow memories are skiing in Colorado--Keystone area or as the photo above says Arapaho National Forest.  Sadly, many of the photos are blurry or just random
 
These photos are from the 1988 and 1989---once you invest in ski gear for the kids, you want to be sure to use it more than once (We rented skis, but all of the clothing adds up)






No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.