Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baseball and Ballet

Rachel, Libby and Dave (all red shirts)




Friday night in Kansas City found us in Lee's Summit for a baseball game.  Little sister started to keep score but eventually lost count and wandered off to play with friends.  The next day, Davis's game was rained out, but that gave him a little time to clean up for his sister's dance recital held at the Folly Theater!



 Just as little sister wandered off during the baseball game, big brother also got a little distracted during the recital. This year's baseball-ballet weekend differed a little from last year's  because Brett and Kyle were at Boy Scout Camp this year.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.