Saturday, December 30, 2017

Bucket List Part 3

41. Go on a Rhine River Cruise
Unlike today's river cruises, this one required us to take a train to Koblenz and then get on a boat to "cruise" the river---so many castles and the Lorelei Rock
 #42 Ski in Colorado
This is Keystone 1988.

#43 Visit Disney World
We had visited Disneyland several times but went to Disney World in 1987 with Tom, Donna, Dale, Meredith and Glen.  Yes, Rebecca, it is exhausting!
 #44. Visit San Francisco and Monterrey Bay
We first visited in 1971 when we took Dave's parents car out there.  We re-visited in 1985 when I won 2 tickets on TWA.  We visited the wine country most of the time.
 #46 Visit Bath, England
June 1985.  We have also visited Baden-Baden Germany an equally beautiful "Roman bath" city.

 #45 Fly in an airplane
My first flight was going to Germany in 1966.  The photos below had our son-in-law Kyle as the pilot out of Spirit of St. Louis.  The only passengers were Rachel, Dave and I. We were able to fly over Lake Sherwood where my parents lived. Dec. 2000.
 #47 Get a mink coat/jacket
Daughter Rebecca helped her dad pick it out.  Think she enjoyed that?
 #48 Go on the Brussel's Ferry and eat at the hotel on the Mississippi River
Our first anniversary June 12, 1972
 #49 Go to the summit of a mountain
This was Nebelhorn in 1967.  We went up in a cable car.  My friends skied down, I took the cable car back down.  There was a restaurant and a bar made of snow---see slides for this.
 #50 Go to Niagara Falls
We took the girls in 1956.  We have a better photos somewhere with all of us in slickers going under the Falls.
 #51 Marry Prince Charming

 #52 Be selected for National Honor Society
#53 Be selected for Delta Delta Delta
#54 Be selected for Who's Who
 #55 Learn Cross-country skiing
We actually learned living in Pittsburgh but didn't get our own skis until St. Louis.  I used to ski in our back yard and at Queeny Park (alone) until I almost wound up in a pond there.
#56 Witness an Olympic event
1984 Passing of the torch on Clayton Rd. less than a mile from our house
 #57 Quit smoking
My last pack of cigarettes!

 #61 See the Berlin Wall
New Years 1966-67
 #58 Read all Mark Twain Nominees for a year
#59 Read 20 of Oprah's Book Club
#60 Read 20 Newbery Medal winners


 #62 Visit Venice
I visited with a group of students as part of their class trip in 1967
 #63 Travel Highway 94 from the beginning to the end
That's all I have in my scrapbook

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.