Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bucket List Part 4

So, how many items were on my bucket list which I wrote down between 2000-2007?  There were 191 items and how many have I accomplished?  139.

Not all were trips, but there were several trips that didn't make it in my scrapbook:  Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, Baltic Cruise (with Russia and Tivoli Gardens), Hawaii, Panama Canal and Mediterranean Cruise.  Some, I've blogged and some are still to be blogged.

Some were experiences (not destinations) like a Trans-Atlantic cruise, taking our children and grandchildren on cruises:  Disney Fantasy, Disney Wonder, Disney Magic.

Some were fairly cheap:  attend a book signing, attend a focus group, sit in the free seats at the Muny, teach Sunday School.

Some were learning experiences:  take a class in Old Testament, flower arranging, tole painting, reupholstery.

Some have become habits (but I had to have a first time):  go to a thrift store, get a manicure, get a facial, sell on E-bay

So what are some of the things I haven't done yet?

  • Go to Egypt
  • Go to Australia
  • Write 15 stories about each of our parents
  • Learn French
  • Visit all 50 states
  • Celebrate our 50th Anniversary
  • Trace these family lines to native land:  Wicker, Long, Maupin, Williams, Watson, Reiter, Reed, Sollis (my great-grandparents' names)
  • Ride in a hot air balloon
  • Go to Powder Valley
  • Visit all Mo. State Parks
  • Participate in an archaelogical dig
  • Travel on Route 66
  • Go on a sleigh ride
  • Go Parasailing
  • Take a riverboat cruise down the Mississippi River
  • Be an extra in a TV show/movie
Guess, I'd better get cracking!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.