Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Deb!

Amsterdam, July 3, 2010

My Sister-in-law Deborah is a jewel!
Just days before we left on our two week cruise, she came with my brother to St. Louis for our aunt's memorial service.
This is our second European cruise we've taken with Jim and Deb. We are so grateful to have someone who can put up with us for two weeks. . .
In a cabin right next to ours.
Rostock Germany July 5, 2010
We had a great time on our Baltic Cruise . . .

St. Petersburg Russia July 9, 2010
We like visiting historical places, just like you. . .
We like eating good food, just like you. . .

St. Petersburg July 10, 2010
We like trying new foods, just like you. . .

Talinn Estonia July 11, 2010
We like sitting in cafes, just like you. . .
Copenhagen, Denmark July 13, 2010
We like drinking beer, just like you. . .
Have I mentioned, we like eating good food, just like you?
At Sea July 14, 2010
Note to self: Next trip, take more photos while touring and fewer while eating. . .

Happy Birthday, Deb! Thanks for all that you do! We love you!

1 comment:

Diz said...

Thanks so much Jaci. We always have so much fun when we all get together. I just wish everyone lived closer.
Love,
Deb

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.