Monday, November 8, 2010

My First Birthday

My first birthday party was well-documented by my mother in my baby book. I think this is probably in our flat at 4616 A Arsenal St. because I don't remember anyone else having a fireplace mantel like that.
Although I may not have too many of the presents from my first birthday, I do have a card that my Grandpa and Grandma Long gave me. One of the dolls may be one of these.

Below is a photo of me at ONE---Leah, note the hair and compare it to Anna's.

Although I'm not sure when the photo above was taken, I did recognize the outfit in the photo below:I'm guessing the photo above (one of Aunt Norma's photos)was Steve or Bob's birthday (3 weeks after mine and 5 weeks before mine). In the front are Norma, Steve and Bob (with his mouth open). In the back are two women I don't know, me jabbering to my Uncle Ron, followed by my Grandma Long, Aunt Maxine and a woman I don't know.

2 comments:

Leah Warren said...

Yep! You're right mom, she looks a lot like you!

Sister Jane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SISTER!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT BIRTHDAY TODAY! LOVE YOU SIS

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.