Saturday, October 15, 2011

Texas Fun


 
While in Texas, we also had a chance to meet up with several friends and relatives.
 Four of us who have been friends since Gibson School were able to meet for lunch---two of us brought our daughters too.  Above is Aimee next to her mother Kathy and then, Margie (going back to 3rd grade)
 We met in McKinney for Lunch and we really had more fun than the photos show. My daughter Leah with friend Carol.  If we'd had Joan and Carol Rittel, our day would have been the perfect reunion.  We figured out that the four of us hadn't been together as a group since college. . . .
We also got to see my sister briefly, but she didn't want her photo taken---this wasn't too bad considering it was my camera held to my side and pointed backwards!
 Leah's friend and our former neighbor, Lauren, also came by to give Leah some decorating advise. . .how did I NOT get her photo.
 We had a lot of fun with our youngest grandchildren.
 Eli has become such a good artist. . .
 But, Anna hasn't quite mastered staying on the paper. . .
 We enjoyed their new 3-D TV---Yogi Bear movie had great special effects.
 And, of course we had a lot of snuggle moments.
 The play ground in their neighborhood was more fun than in July.
 It was a great visit!  We DO seem to have a lot of people to visit when we go to Dallas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRAP! You did it again. Some day I am going to get even!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.