Monday, October 17, 2011

Visiting in Parkville

 Roman and I worked hard to assemble his Lego tractor, but we never did get it finished.  Great project, though, trying to follow the directions---a lot like boys who used to put together model planes!
 Roman also played a little Wii Mario (although I like Wii, the Mario Brothers, I don't get)
 Rebecca had decorated her house---a boy's fantasy land with giant spiders and spider webs everywhere. . . or, she needs to get a house cleaner!
 We also took Roman to his tennis lessons where he played with my iPad before his lesson.
 Ava accompanied her brother for his lesson all dressed up ready for her dance lesson following Jack's tennis.

Roman did so well with his tennis, that he won a "soda" (it was really apple juice). It was fun to see 5 and 6 year olds learning to play tennis.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.