Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brief Visit to Kansas City

 Although Brett was sick, we wanted to wish him a happy birthday.
 He proudly showed us his birthday gift---a new trumpet!
 Libby had also been sick, but revived with some bubbles outside.
 Davis, one of the few healthy ones, proudly showed off a new book he'd gotten from his other grandparents---Diary of a Wimpy Kid Diary!

 He was having a great time filling in the blanks of his favorite band (the Beatles) or his favorite team (The Royals).
 Brett wasn't terribly excited about our gift, but being sick had something to do with it.
The gift from the Lewis' family was perfect for a lazy, sick Birthday---Spooky Buddies!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.