Monday, November 14, 2011

St. Louis to London

We left St. Louis Oct. 28 on American Airlines.  We were very surprised how damaged the airport still is from the April tornado.  Note the wood and blue where glass should be.  I had read in the newspaper that the glass had to be custom made and was now ready to be installed but 6 months later. . .


We were on a concourse I don't think I've ever been on between the two terminals.  I think it was probably the concourse that was used in the movie "Up in the Air".
It was a little sad seeing all of these people on the floor computing---hope they understand why the airport is such a mess.
The concourse across the way (still boarded up) is the one American Airlines usually uses (and where we arrived 2 weeks later)
Even the concessions were pretty much vending machines and very tiny kiosks.  But soon we were winging our way to Chicago O'Hare and then, London Heathrow where we met up with Michael and Maureen Loeb who had arranged for us to share the Woodford Chauffeur into London.

Our plane arrived @9 and by noon we had arrived at Grosvener House, a J.W. Marriott Hotel, which we arranged through Celebrity Cruise.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.