Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Kansas City

 After arriving at the Lewis's, we joined them for a Thanksgiving Feast at their church Platte Woods Methodist.

"R" especially liked the whipped cream.  The next morning after worship service, he even piled it on his doughnut!
We played Mario with "R" (that's what he was for Halloween) who beat me royally.
 We went to Twenters where we found "D". . .
 and "B". . . .
 and "L" drawing herself, me and her mom. . . .upside down?
 The kids love when I bring my iPad with new games for them to play.
 But, "L" still enjoys shenanigans. :-)
She had brought home from school the secret tin---she needed to put something in that began with "R".  She chose a rock.  We had suggested that "L" put her mom in the tin, but a rock fit better.
  "R" and I got out for a little pre-Black Friday shopping.  Target had some sales, the store was empty and we were successful without being pepper sprayed or stampeded on Black Friday! 

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.