Monday, November 21, 2011

Ship Activities

 In addition to our Cruise Critic events, the ship had a lot of activities.  Some I have seen on other ships but some were unique.
 I saw a program on fruit and vegetable carving.
 I'm thinking carrot curls are about as fancy as I get, but. . .
 I took several pilates classes and had a pedicure.
 We ate in the dining room as often as possible. . .
 Dave read on the verandah regardless of weather and I watched the navigation channel to see where we were.
 But, there were painting classes, dance classes, computer classes, trivia, card tournaments, hot glass shows, paper plane building. . . so much, but. . .
 I still found time to have coffee, watch the waves and write in my journal.
 Sometimes we missed lectures, but could always catch them "On Demand" on the TV.
 There were several afternoon and morning shows including the crew talent show.
 The entertainers got on the ship in Spain and couldn't get off until Miami---so some of them gave matinees or lessons in juggling (above).
 Did I mention, I like just sitting and watching the waves?
We even had several opportunities to honor those who fought in World War I on 11/11/11 at 11:11.  All in all, we found plenty to do in the 8 days we were at sea.  Actually, if it hadn't been so rough, we would have done even more.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.