Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Southampton Sail Away

 A bus picked us up at the hotel and drove us down to Southampton, England where the ship was docked.  When we arrive at our room, this was the view---an IKEA just past the terminal.
 Note to anyone who wants to be on Celebrity Eclipse surveillance--- room 6143 has a great view of everyone coming on the ship!
 The bathroom was very modern (I would have liked a deeper sink to wash clothes) with a huge shower (by cruise ship standards).
 We had a balcony with king size bed and a couch that could sleep a third person.  We really liked the Samsung TV that we could swing and watch in bed.
 As we were sailing away, we could see the Queen Mary 2.
It was only about a mile away from our ship---some people had taken it from New York and then got on our ship to return.  As rocky as our passage was, I had to remind myself I was on a cruise ship---what if I had been on a smaller ship like our ancestors came over on!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.