Friday, November 18, 2011

Qsine


 We had heard that Qsine was an interesting dining experience, so we arranged to meet Dorothy and Bill for an evening at this specialty restaurant which was just named the #1 Specialty Restaurant on a cruise ship.



 The menu was an iPad.  Click here to see how it worked.  The waiter looked at our favorites and created the meal.
 This was the Painter's Filet Mignon
 Here was the salad with, shrimp.  In the back are rolls on a skewer--we'd already eaten the garlic doughnuts!
 Kobe Beef burgers with lemon salted french fries.
 These were cones of crispy vegetables!
 Chicken Kabobs.
 And for a dessert menu, we had a Rubic's cube?
 Bill ordered cupcakes---which came unassembled!  Tubes of frosting and sprinkles with 4 different kinds of cupcakes.
 Dave and I ordered this chocolate dessert which we could not finish and then. ..our waiter brought chocolate covered strawberries on skewers in pots of grass!  This was such a fun restaurant! I recommend it for something very different.
To see a video on the restaurant, click here.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.