Monday, July 2, 2012

Welk Resort

 The longer we stayed there, the more we liked the Welk Resort.  We stayed on the first level which meant we had no one across the hall from us and could easily walk outside where there was a playground, a pool, a large grassy area, mini-golf and a covered walk to take us to the restaurant and theater.

 Our children and grandchildren didn't really know who Lawrence Welk was, but they did have a statue and some memorabilia in the theater lobby.
It might not have been the greatest mini-golf, but the kids loved it.

The theater is a short distance, but they were having a national dance competition while we were there.  Later this summer will be "The Price is Right" with great prizes and Tony Orlando will be there for the Holiday Show.
 Several times we ate at the Stage Door Canteen (between the hotel and theater) and ordered room service and pool-side service from there.

The food was good, reasonable and so convenient.

 There was an atrium in the hotel which was right outside our rooms.  It was a great place for Grandpa to sit and read as well as a gathering spot for everyone.  We could eat or work at the tables.  It was very convenient.

In addition to the Splash-a-torium, there was a "boring pool" which was like having a private pool most of the time.  All in all we would recommend the Welk Resort---a mile from Table Rock, three miles from the strip with a lot of fun right there on site!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.