Sunday, July 1, 2012

Branson Shows

What makes Branson different from other tourist places are the shows.  After some discussion with the children, we all decided the Amazing Pet Show was a must. We ALL wanted to see performing cats.

We discovered from the concierge at the hotel that there was a family pass:  2 adults and 6 children for $70.  We had to pay for the rest of the adults, but when we divided it out, we only had to pay about $17 per person.
We loved the show, but couldn't take photos.  Many of the animals in the act had been rescue animals.  The cats and dogs did not disappoint.  One dog even rode a bike (with training wheels).  We were especially delighted with the Siberian Huskey act.
During the intermission, we could have the kids photos made with one of the dogs.  Anna was a little jealous of the dogs fancy outfit.


We were also able to meet the human stars of the show Vasilly and Olga (who looked so much like Bindi Irwin who has her own animal show on TV) as well as the Magician/MC.
Sunday evening, we went to the Shanghai Circus with the Lewis family.  Roman loved the acrobatics. . . . if they were the men.  He wasn't so crazy about the girls with rhythmic gymnastics!  But we had a great time!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.